Ballpoint Pen Stain Removal Solutions
This is your step by step guide to ballpoint pen stain removal from clothes, fabrics, carpets and upholstery.
It usually requires more than just soap and water to get rid of a stain from the ink of a ballpoint pen. However, there are simple and cheap ways to get rid of these spots.
Below are solutions on how to remove ballpoint pen stains from clothes & fabrics and removing ballpoint pen stains from carpets & upholstery.
Description: A pen in which the point is a fine ball bearing that rotates against a supply of semisolid ink in a cartridge.
To most of the world, Biro is still the generic name for the ballpoint pen. When ballpoint pens were first sold in 1945, they were priced at a whopping $12 a piece.
Most people need to write every day, all year long, thus ballpoint pen stains may occur anywhere, any day of the year. The knees of jeans seem to be popular spots for a line of blue ink. Another spot ballpoint pen stains are generally found is on or around the breast pockets of dress shirts or suit jackets, due to the fondness of ballpoints to leak or break in the pocket. Ink spots may also be found on desks, tables, and walls.
Ballpoint Pen Stain Removal from Clothes & Fabrics
1. Stain should be placed face down on white paper towels.
2. Sponge with rubbing or denatured alcohol or dry-cleaning solvent, or rub detergent into stained area.
3. Repeat if some stain remains.
4. Rinse; launder.
1. Soak one pad of cotton wool in methylated spirits.
2. With the methylated spirits pad under the stain and a clean cotton wool pad on top, dab the stain.
3. When some of the stain has transferred to the top pad, turn it over so it’s clean side is in contact with the fabric and repeat.
4. Change the top pad and continue working until no stain comes through.
5. Wash as usual.
Ballpoint Pen Stain Removal from Carpets & Upholstery
1. Sponge with a dry cloth and methylated spirits, or a small amount of dry-cleaning solvent.
2. Next, sponge with mild detergent (1 teaspoon neutral detergent – that is, no alkalis or bleaches – in 1 cup lukewarm water).
3. Finally, sponge with clean water.
1. Spray hair spray onto the ballpoint pen stain to soften the ink.
2. Blot the wet hair spray with a white cloth or paper towel.
3. Repeat until stain disappears and allow carpet to dry.
4. Once dry, hand brush the area gently and vacuum any dried hair spray.
Have you reached ballpoint pen stain removal success? I hope so!
Ink Stain Removal
Permanent Marker Stain Removal
Crayon Stain Removal
Pooler-Georgia-HOMEPAGE Use this website to find everything!.. Beginning in Pooler, Georgia: Local history, employment, hotels, news, wildlife, kidz zone, games, fine arts, featured artists, Webmaster resources, link exchange, fun fringe topics & so much more!
Return from Ballpoint Pen Stain Removal Solutions to Stain Removal A-Z
Return to Home Page