Candle Wax Stain Removal Solutions
This is your step by step guide to candle wax stain removal from clothes, fabrics, carpets and upholstery.
Candle light, along with some wine and gentle music, presents a lovely atmosphere. That is until candle wax unexpectedly drops onto your shirt sleeve or onto your precious carpet. That wax stain has to go fast so that you can return to the romantic mood.
Below are solutions on how to remove candle wax stains from clothes & fabrics and removing candle wax stains from carpets & upholstery.
Description: A substance secreted by bees in constructing their honeycomb, molded, embedded with a wick, often scented and dyed, and lit by humans to provide light and/or aroma. Candles are burned throughout the year for their warm glow and pleasing scents at romantic dinners and parties alike.
Dripping wax can be quite far-reaching, especially when the candle itself is being blown out. Too forceful an exhalation and the hot wax will splatter everywhere. The most common time for a wax stain to develop is after dark, when romance is in the air.
Candle Wax Stain Removal from Clothes & Fabrics
1. Harden with ice, then remove surface wax with a dull knife.
2. Place wax stain between clean paper towels and press with a warm iron.
3. Replace paper towels regularly to absorb more wax and to prevent transferring the stain.
4. Place stain face down on clean paper towels.
5. Sponge remaining stain with a pre-wash stain remover or dry-cleaning fluid; blot with paper towels.
6. Let dry, then launder.
7. If any color remains, re-launder with a bleach that is safe for that fabric.
Candle Wax Stain Removal from Carpets & Upholstery
1. Use ice to harden the wax, then scrape it off with a dull knife.
2. Place a clean white towel or paper towel over dried candle wax.
3. Run an iron set on low over towel.
4. Repeat using a clean area of the towel until all the wax is gone.
Have you reached wax stain removal success? I hope so!
Paint Stain Removal
Mold Stain Removal
Chewing Gum Stain Removal
Return from Candle Wax Stain Removal Solutions to Stain Removal A-Z
Return to Home Page