Coffee Stain Removal Solutions
This is your step by step guide to coffee stain removal from clothes, fabrics, carpets and upholstery.
Coffee stains are bound to happen at one point or another. If you are the type of person that needs a coffee to kick start your brain in the morning then chances are you’ve had a dicey incident with steaming hot coffee.
Below are solutions on how to remove coffee stains from clothes & fabrics and removing coffee stains from carpets & upholstery.
Description: A beverage made by percolation, infusion, or decoction from the roasted and ground seeds of a coffee plant. Coffee has earned a special place among the favorite beverages worldwide, due in large part to its chemical makeup. Coffee contains a high percentage of caffeine, a substance that can help enforce alertness.
The call to remove coffee stains is not affected by season, as coffee is available year-round and many people swear by it as the only remedy for morning or afternoon sleepiness. Stains are often found between the legs of commuters, on furniture, jackets, coats and the fronts of blouses and shirts.
Removing coffee stains is not limited to any time of day or night. Hot coffee is an essential part of the morning ritual for many people. Some folks are so addicted to coffee that they’ll continue to drink it all day and into the night.
Emergency Action: If you spill coffee on yourself at work or some other place where you can’t get to cleaning supplies right away, flush the stain immediately with cool water. It may be all you need to do.
Coffee Stain Removal from Clothes & Fabrics
For black coffee stains -
1. Blot the stain with cool water.
2. Rinse thoroughly with water.
3. If the stain persists, try blotting with some mild laundry detergent and water.
4. Rinse thoroughly with water.
5. Still there? Blot that stubborn stain with detergent and water, this time mixed with a few drops of white vinegar.
6. Rinse thoroughly.
7. As a final step, try some hydrogen peroxide.
For coffee stains with milk or cream -
1. Use the first 2 steps from Solution 1.
2. Blot the stain with mild laundry detergent mixed with a few drops of ammonia.
3. Rinse thoroughly.
4. Finally, blot with an enzyme-based detergent.
Coffee Stain Removal from Carpets & Upholstery
1. Mix 1 teaspoon of a neutral detergent (a mild detergent containing no alkalis or bleaches) with a cup of lukewarm water. Blot.
2. Mix 1/3 cup of white household vinegar with 2/3 cup of water. Blot.
3. Sponge with clean water. Blot.
1. Spray with soda water, then soak up liquid with a towel or absorbent paper.
2. Or, soak up liquid with a towel or absorbent paper, then sprinkle with salt or bicarb soda to absorb the fluid.
3. Vacuum when completely dry.
4. Sponge with a borax solution if the carpet has stained. Alternatively, sponge with vinegar.
Have you reached coffee stain removal success? I hope so!
Tea Stain Removal
Red Wine Stain Removal
Wine Stain Removal
Return from Coffee Stain Removal Solutions to Stain Removal A to Z
Return to Home Page